No. This recipe title could not possibly be longer. I had no other choice, this pizza needed an introduction that could give you a proper glimpse into its glorious flavor complexity. It has been my phantom pizza. Many times attempted, and now at long last perfected.
"The Incident" background: Once upon a time, I tried an exotic brick oven pizza that I have since felt was my mission in life to recreate. Here it is, and you're welcome. The end.
"The Incident" Pizza
- 1/3 cup Spicy Honey Mustard (directions below)
- 1 large handful Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 slices Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces and lightly cooked (don't crisp, it will darken in the oven)
- 1/2 Chicken Breast, about 2 oz. sliced, cooked and seasoned.
- 1/3 cup Caramelized Onions (directions below)
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese
- 1 small handful Basil Leaves, lightly torn.
- 1 pizza dough recipe here
Preheat the oven to it's highest heat setting, or Broil. Let it get good and hot for about 10 minutes.
Baking Time really depends upon your oven and how hot it gets so watch it closely! My oven cooks the single pizza in about 7 minutes, and two smaller pizzas in about 5 minutes. The first time I'd recommend setting it for 5 minutes and then watching it for each additional minute until its done. Your crust should be pretty golden and the cheese just starting to blister when its ready. Enjoy.
Sweet Caramelized Onions
- 1/8 large Onion, sliced in long strands.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Whisk together and set aside.